Friday, July 27, 2012

Digital storytelling

I had the most fun playing with iMovie, but then hit some roadblocks. The trailers you can create are funny! I just need more user friendly instructions and become frustrated. For my assignment I used story kit, because that is what I'll start out using with my kids. All ofmy kids have significant language learning difficulties and things need to be simple for them.....and me! But soooo much potential for limitless creativity using digital storytelling as an instructional tool! And I agree with (what was his name again?) the keynote speaker that we have to stop chastising kids for being attached to their mobile devices. We created this. Each coming generation will be that much more embedded with technology. We have to embrace it. I am still worried about the physical, tactile seosory stimulation that kids and all of us need to engage with our world and promote healthy brain development. The physical loop de loop motion of cursive writing is said to promote language skills...you know, all that "brain gym" stuff. There is something to that crossing midline function. But no doubt that all,of Bloom's taxonomy is targeted using digital modalities. We just have to remain balanced. P.s. I don't know why my story kit story link isn't posting...

No comments:

Post a Comment